Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Pet Peeve Of The Week

Okay, so I'm at the grocery store check out line yesterday. I'm checking out the magazines, double checking my list and next thing I know, its my turn. I hand the lady my earth-friendly reusable bags (I can't say "green", it makes me throw up a little in my mouth), and she checks me out. I slide my card and push all the appropriate buttons. Meanwhile, I'm all bagged up and the checker is scanning the groceries of the lady behind me. I kid you not, I wasn't done signing my name on the charge slip and checkerlady is giving the lady behind me her total.

Did this make me feel rushed? You betcha.

Have I called the store manager about this problem before? You betcha?

Have I left the store without an onion because it got mixed up with the groceries for the lady behind me? You betcha.

Have I been double charged because the checkerlady didn't finish with the lady ahead of me before starting to scan me and scanned an item twice because she had to go back and give change to the lady ahead of me? You betcha. (Was that a really long run on sentence? You betcha.)

Next time, I think I'm going to ask the checkerlady to wait until she finishes with me to start the next customer. I'm tired of my bag being shoved at me while I'm trying to put my credit card away. I still wonder what the lady who got my onion thought when she got home and found an extra onion in her bag.

Thanks for letting me vent.

No comments: