Monday, September 8, 2008

Fun things to do with your kids....


I'll add more to this post as I think of them, but here are a few light-hearted fun things to do with your kids that they'll always remember as fun things from their childhood:


1) Piggyback rides! Come on, you can do it! My almost-10-year-old still loves it. Every morning, I take my daughter to breakfast piggyback style. Its her extra 10 seconds of sleep before two leggo waffles with cinnamon.

2) Speaking of breakfast, make breakfast for dinner once a month. I need to get better with this, but really, its fun! Try pancakes, bacon, scrambled eggs and juice. Whatever your family likes, they'll love having it a 6:00 pm as much as 6:00am.

3) When the weather is good, pitch a tent in the backyard one night. We got in this habit on the 3rd of July. (Dad always has the 4th off no matter what day of the week!) This year we were out of town, so we camped on my daughter's birthday. Kids LOVE it!

4) Go to Party City and get something called window chalk. You know that stuff you see on people's car windows that says, "GO TEAM! We're #1"?? Guess what? It works on the bathroom mirror, too!! So, on my kids' birthday eve, after they're tucked in bed, I graffiti their bathroom mirror with birthday messages to them. It's the first thing they see when they wake up on their special day and it's always something they look forward to.


I'll post more fun things when I think of them...

No comments: