Thursday, September 4, 2008

A note about my booklists...

If some of my books don't seem like grown up books...they're not! I like to read the books that my kids are reading and make sure they aren't getting anything inappropriate for their age. Its hard sometimes to find books for young kids that read at a higher level than their grade.

The Gregor the Overlander series is FANTASTIC. I wish they'd make it into a movie. What a great story, great characters, love-love-love it. The other series I really like is City of Ember, People of Sparks, and Prophet of Yonwood. The Ember movie should be out later this year. Its similar to the Gregor series, as they both take place underground. Really, underground...no sun. I don't know how they don't all have vitamin D deficencies, but then again maybe I'm looking too much into it!

My most favorite book from the summer, though was The Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell. Wow is all I can say. You need to read it yourself. Really. Pick it up at Costco, Amazon or Borders, wherever, just pick it up. Its about Littrell, the lone survivor of a group of Navy SEALS (20 or so men) who where killed in Afganistan all in one day. Its a story of committment, honor, trust, family and hope.

Right now I'm working on Three Cups of Tea. I say 'working on it', because to be honest, it's not all that intriguing to me, sorry to say. I have a lot of friends who read it and loved it, but I'm working on it a chapter at a time.

I'm not in a book club, don't really have the time, I guess, so I'll just post my books here and give you my insight, however shallow it may be! Sometimes I'll throw in a token paperback novel from the used paperback store. I need an easy read every now and again.

Next up: Lean Mean Thirteen by Janet Evanovich...I really want to be Stephanie Plum when I grown up!

No comments: