Thursday, September 18, 2008

My iPod

I heard someone say once that their iPod would be someone else's hell. I guess they had a bunch of obscure funky songs on it that no one else would be interested in.

That got me thinking. What is on my iPod that someone would say, "huh?" to? I have the old stand bys like the Eagles, Billy Joel, some Pat Benatar, Journey (old stuff, not that new guy), a lot of random 80's stuff, the Valley Girl movie sound track. I also have some more current songs like Fergie and the Jonas Brothers. But the one song that no one else would know is "Come in from the Rain" by Captain and Tenille. (Check 'em out: http://www.tmz.com/2008/09/18/love-will-keep-them-together/) LOVE that song! It starts and ends with the sound of rain. Very cool. I used to listen to it on 8track when I was a kid. I'd love to find an old 8track tape to show my kids. They've seen the old vinyl records (I have my Thompson Twins, Journey Escape, Culture Club and Loverboy records...still!!) One day I mentioned that I had gone for a walk that morning with my walkman.
"Who?" asked peanunt #1.
Oops, I meant my iPod. Glad my husband knew what I meant!

So what's on your iPod that no one else would 'get'?

No comments: