Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Making a list...checking it twice...

I'm a list maker.  I love to make list.  I like to wake up in the morning and make a list of what I need to do that day. 

It usually looks like this:
  take kids to school
   run @ park
   shower
   Costco
   laundry
   clean showers
   vacuum


Vacuum is almost always on my list.  Love to vacuum.  (Who would't with my Dyson?)

My list might seem boring to some, okay, to most, alright...to everyone.  But when I get something done and cross it off my list (even a given, like 'take kids to school') I feel like I've accomplished things that day.  Since I don't have a regular work day anymore, or a boss breathing down my neck, I realized that I have to be accountable to myself. 

Every now and again I chill out and watch a movie on Lifetime.  I'm usually under the weather, though.  I'd have a hard time sitting on the sofa knowing that weeds are growing, dust is settling and lists need to be made.

I have other lists, too, other than my 'to-do' list.  I always have a Costco, Target and grocery list.  This lists are purely functional because I'm a planner.  I plan our weekly meals. 

But more on that later.
  

No comments: