Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Wha?

I had a 'blech' moment yesterday. Did I spell that right?

I was at a public place and a mom was sitting on a bench with a wiggly toddler. She was trying to feed him but he wanted to see what was happening around him. Ahhhh, I remember the days. You get one spoonful in them and they're wiggling around to see what caused the noise behind them. They sit up, they flop backwards. They try to stand up. I had to give the mom credit for being patient. She set the little container she was feeding him out of on the arm of the bench to rearrange him in her lap.

That's when I had my 'blech' moment.

She was feeding him Taco Bell refried beans. Now, keep in mind that he's about 8 months old. Maybe I'm crazy, but it never would have crossed my mind to feed either one of my peanuts Taco Bell at that age. (I'm not opposed to Taco Bell, I lived on it in high school, back in the day.) I don't think I can name a mom who fed their kids Taco Bell refried beans at that age. My older peanut has had Taco Bell twice, my youngest...never.

I hope I wiped the look of suprise off my face before she saw me. All I could think of was how much sodium was in that little container of beans. I don't want to judge anyone, but I'm thinking that the side of beans was about $1.50 (dunno, like I said, its been a while.) I'm sure she could have gotten a jar or two of baby food for the same amount.

Blech.

No comments: