Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patty's Day!

While my days of sitting in a pub drinking green beer are long gone, its been replaced with another St. Patty's Day tradition. 

Actually, my husband and kids participate. 
I let them have their fun. 
Then I let them clean up. 
I'll explain.

Every year, my kids try to catch a leprechaun.  They are sneaky, smart and not easily caught. Actually, not ever caught.  (I'm talking about the leprechauns, here.)  That never stops my kids from setting a trap and putting out the fake gold coins as a lure.  This year, they tried to catch him in the wicker chest where we store the extra blankets. 

Didn't work.

Instead, we got a messy living room. 
The little stool was upturned. 
The sofa cushions and pillows were all over the floor. 
The gold coins were scattered around. 
Magazines were tossed about. 
And a note was left: 

No comments: